Saturday, July 12, 2008

SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE LIFE AS IT COMES AT YOU!!!

So today it was Aaron's turn to work the Saturday shift, so I sent him off to work and the kids were still asleep so I went back to sleep myself.

When the kids woke up, we had a fun day as usual, and we were all having a great day!

Pretty soon, I realized that it was time for Aaron to come home from work, so I waited, and waited, and pretty soon I got a phone call from him. He explained that the computer system had just gotten fixed about half way through his shift, and he was really backed up and was going to be atleast an hour late. I said OK, and he fianally got home in a great mood. We started getting ready to go out to dinner when all of a sudden Aaron started fealing really sick. So, we ended up deciding to stay home when the next thing I knew, Aaron was in the other room throwing up.

I sent Aaron to bed and decided to have a pizza delivered fore Kyle and I to eat. I wanted to do something fun for him since he had been stuck inside the house all day. We had planned on going swimming at Kimber and David's house as a family but that went out the window when Aaron got sick.

So, I called Kimber, and we decided to go ahead and take the kids swimming ourselvs so that they could get out of the house for a little while.

Kimber came and picked us up and we were on our way. When we got to Kimbers house, we realized that Kenzie's little float toy was not in the car. So we sent David back the way we had come and luckily he found it. We then walked to the pool closest to their apartment. There were some people there having a party, so we decided to walk to one of the other pools. Once there, we saw that it was kinda green, so we decided to walk to the main pool. Once there, we saw that there were like 20 people there, so we just decided to go back to the origional pool.

We fianally got there and put our towels and things down, and all of a sudden, Kyle just started throwing up and sweating really bad. Kimber called David with her cell phone and asked him to please bring some water for Kyle to drink. When David got there, Kyle was so hot that David just picked him up, and immediately took him into the water to cool off. As soon as Kyle got into the cool water, he immediately began to calm down, and his temperature quickly went back to normal.

We stayed in the water for just a few minutes so that Kyle could feal better, then we decided to go back home. Kimber drove us home, and I got the kids bathed and ready for bed. I know that he was fealing better because once I got him dressed he got up on our bed and started jumping. (One of his favorite things)

I had also sent Kimber and David to the store with some money and a list of some upset tummy friendly foods. They soon came back, and Kyle hot a sippy cup full of Gatorade. Then to my surprise, he put himself to bed! He must have been really tired because he just dosn't do that. He usually will not go to bed unless either mommy or daddy are sitting right next to him.

I guess we probably won't be able to make it to church tomorrow. Because Aaron and Kyle are both sick, and I can't drive, and there is nobody to watch Kenzie while I lead the music since Aaron won't be able to be there tomorrow. I am kind of sad about that because tomorrow would have been my first day in my new calling. But I am sure that they will understand. Sometimes we jsut have to take life as it comes at us!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...