A few days ago, one of our neighbors who I don't know very well came and knocked on our door. I opened it, and asked if there was something that I could help her with. She then told me that two buildings away from me there were two behives, and the bees are Affricanized. GREAT!!! She then handed ma a paper and further explained that tho man who owns that building does not want to have them romoved properly, so he is only having a small portion of the bees romoved. He was going to leave the nony combs there, and the bees would smell the honey, and soon return to it. And the scaryiest part was that because of the way that they were going to be romoved, the bees could swarm up to a mile away for up to 5 days afterwards. That is scary! I know that Aaron and I arn't alergic to them, but I DO NOT know about my kids because they have never been stung.
After she left, I sat down and read the paper that she had given me and it gave the name of te owner of that building and two diferent telephone numbers to reach him at. I decided not to call because I was not having a very good day and I personly hadn't seen any bees and I pretty much just stay inside my house anyway, so I just decided to leave the matter as it was.
The next night at about the same time, the same lady came to my door again. When I opened the door this time she immediately said :THEY'RE GONA BE REMOVED THE RIGHT WAY!!!) When I asked her what made the guy change his mind, she said that so many people had called and complained, and the city attorney had gotten involved so the guy just decided to do it correctly so that he could be left alone. Mabey it was wrong of me not to call like everyone else, but I am just not the kind of person who likes to pester people. I like to quietly live my life, and spend time with my family and friends and NOT GET IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS UNLESS I HAVE TO.
Anyway, as soon as the sun goes down tonight, the crew is suposed to come and remove the bees. So we may have to wory a little about them swarming tomorrow, but it shouldn't be too bad because they will be removing everything. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.
Friday, July 11, 2008
AFRICANIZED BEES?????? THATS NEWS TO ME
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yeah, those bees are scary! I wouldn't want them around my house. But no one can blame you for trying to live a peaceful life. Good job Courtney!
Post a Comment