Sunday, June 15, 2008

OUR CAR WAS SICK AGAIN.........IT IS BETTER NOW THANKS TO JOEY THE GREAT :)

Well, most of you know the story about us and our luck with cars. But for those of you who don't, here is the short version of a very long story.

A few months before we got married, Aaron was given the car that used to be his grandpas. After just a few days, it caught on fire. Then about 2 weeks before we got married, he got a Chevy Beretta, It had to have the transmission completely rebuilt, and there was always something going wrong with it. We then got my grand parents old car. Then this past Thanksgiving the transmission went completely out on us on the freeway on the way to Aaron's parents house. So my dad then helped us get the car that we have now, and here is our latest adventure.

As I have posted before, our car isn't the prettiest, or the biggest car, but it runs great, and it gets us where we need to go, and that is just fine with us.

A Couple of months ago, we took our car in to have the oil changed, and just to have it checked out to make sure that everything was working the way that it should. They said that our car was just fine. Soon after that, our car started making funny noises, and I have already told you about the weird smell that it was causing in the post titled ARE YOU KIDDING ME. The smell has continued so I guess it wasn't the plastic bag.

In the past couple of weeks, our car has decided that it just doesn't want to work any more, and sometimes, it would just turn off for no reason when we were stopped at a stoplight. So yesterday after work, Aaron took it over to my uncle Joey who is an awesome mechanic! Joey found that the people who had worked on our car had completely forgotten to put transmission fluid in our car, and there was pretty much none in there. He also found that a rubber hose was leaning up against something hot, and that is what was causing the smell. Now, those things have been fixed, and our car is once again running great! I know this is a luxury that most people don't even think twice about, but do you know how wonderful it feels to know that if we have to go somewhere, we can go get in the car, and it will actually get us there without deciding to quit working in the middle of the trip? I know this probably sounds silly to most of you, but we just haven't had the best of luck with cars!

1 comments:

Clint & Alicia McLaws said...

Yay for Uncle Joey!! I've gotta have him look at the camaro, I think. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, or retarded or something, but it seems like the car has been acting funny. Maybe its just too hot...i dunno! At least your car is working right again!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...