Have you ever had one of those days where absolutely nothing goes right, and you just wish that you could go back to sleep, and stay that way until tomorrow? Well, today is one of those days for me.
First of all, I woke up at 2 am to find Kyle laying sideways on our bed between Aaron and I. His head was right against my head, and his feet were in Aaron's face. So I decided to walk him back to his bed. He will not go to sleep unless I am sitting next to his bed, so I sat there for an hour and a half. He finally went to sleep, so I went and got myself a glass of water, and crawled back into bed. The second my head hit the pillow he started screaming because mommy wasn't there, and this woke Kenzie up which made her start screaming also. So I dragged myself out of bed, and got everyone re situated, and then I continued to sit there. Finally, at 5:00 I was sure that Kyle was asleep, so I crawled back into my bed once more. I then woke up at 5:30 to find Kyle back in our bed once again. This time, it had woken Aaron up, and I let him take over because I was just too tired to think straight! So Aaron just settled him down between us, and we all went back to sleep.
Then later in the day after Aaron had already gone to work, Kyle found a small glass that I had been drinking milk out of. Now, anyone who knows Kyle knows that he has a tendency to throw things when he gets caught with something that he shouldn't have. I calmly walked toward him, and reached for the glass. As soon as I did, Kyle threw it up as high as he could, it hit the cealing, and shattered into millions of pieces! Luckily, Kenzie was asleep in her bed, so I only had to worry about keeping Kyle out of the Mess while I tried to clean it all out of the carpet. It took a while, but I fianally got ti to the point where I could vacuum. I got a good start, and then, I accidently ran over one of Kyle's socks,and had to get it out of the vacuum cleaner. I turned it back over, and started it again and realized that it wasn't picking anything up. I then decided that I had probably gotten most of the glass off the floor, so it would be OK until Aaron got home from work. I WAS WRONG!!!
If you are wondering why I didn't try to fix it it is because I have some vision problems that most of you know about, and I am unable to see exactly what I need to do to fix, so it is just much safer for the vacuum if I leave it alone.
Anyway,I walked into the kitchen and noticed that there was blood all over my kitchen floor. I then looked at Kyle's feet, and his middle toe on his left foot had a very big slice on the end of it. It wasn't bleeding uncontrollably or anything like that but it just wouldn't stop, and for any of you who haven't seen him lately, he is a very big and strong little boy! It took all of the streighth that I had just to hold him down in order to put pressure on the bleeding. It took a very long time, but I Finlay got it stopped.
I then called my mom who lives just down the street, and asked her if she could please come over and help me. So she came along with my brother Clint, and they both got a good laugh out of the story of my day. My mom found that I had snapped the belt, and luckily I had a new one for her to put on there for me.
I then vacuumed really, really, really good, and Kenzie woke up and got upset at me because I kept her in her bed until I was sure that it was safe for her to play on the carpet.
Well, that's the story of my day It really is pretty funny to look back on what has happened! I have just decided that I need a very long vacation!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
I NEED A VACATION!!!
Posted by Courtney at 5:51 PM
Labels: Funny Stories, life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment