Saturday, May 31, 2008

SCARY!!!

Yesterday we had a really strange experience while we were doing our grocery shopping.

An older couple came up to us and the wife asked me what isle I found Kenzie in because she wanted to get one too. I just kind of laughed and told her that I couldn't quite remember. She then asked well, can I have your little boy then?

These questions in themselves didn't bother me so much because elderly people ask me these kinds of questions all the time, but that is usually where they stop!

This lady however, decided to take it a lot farther. She then proceeded to tell me what I neaded to do to take care of my kids properly! Although I was slightly annoyed, I was very polite and just kind of smiled and nodded.

She then asked If we needed a babysitter. I politely said No I'm actually a stay at home mom and I watch my own kids but thank you for the offer.
She then asked " but don't you ever go out without your kids?" I said 'NO we always take them with us where ever we go (Which is mostly true) She then backed off and left us alone.

Now I am the kind of person who is extreemly cautious when I take my kids into public. I always make sure that my kids are within arms reach of myself, or someone I know! And I am sure that those people were perfectly nice but the whole situation made me feel very uncomfortable!!!
Moral of the story! If you have young kids NEVER EVER TAKE YOUR EYES OFF OF THEM FOR EVEN ONE SECOND WHEN YOU ARE IN A PUBLIC PLACE!!!

1 comments:

Clint & Alicia McLaws said...

Oh my gosh!! Something very similar to this happened to me when I was in high school. I was at the grocery store with my Stepmom and little stepbrother. He was maybe 4 at the time, and I was holding him. Some guy walked up and asked if he could hold him for me. I said "Thanks, but I've got him" and the guy tried to forcefully take him from me!!! I've never held onto anything so hard in my entire life!! These situations are why we need to ALWAYS watch kids, as you said! :)

♥ Alicia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...